St. Joseph Church of Christ, St. Joseph, MI, is Seeking a Lead Minister
The Saint Joseph Church of Christ is located in Saint Joseph, Michigan. Saint Joseph is a small community located in Southwest Michigan along the shores of Lake Michigan, about ninety minutes east of Chicago. It is a short drive from Kalamazoo, Grand Rapids, and South Bend, Indiana. The Congregation consists of approximately fifty family units, served by four elders. St. Joe is a Christ-centered and Bible-based community of faith. The church has individuals who have come out of many different religious and non-religious backgrounds who simply desire to follow Jesus and enjoy His fellowship with one another. St. Joe is a place where people of all walks of life can feel comfortable. The church tries its best to make people feel welcome, and to make worship gatherings and Bible classes reflect that. Friendly people, sincere worship, and challenging messages combine with a warm environment to make the St. Joe church a place people enjoy being part of.
- Study God’s Word and prayerfully design and preach sermons that flow out of study and prayer.
- Share Bible class teaching responsibilities.
- Work with others to help them identify and maximize their talents and gifts.
- Engage in the lives of others and help them grow in Christ.
- Invite others to be involved in ministry to the church family and greater St. Joseph community.
- Be willing to lead or participate in one-on-one or small group bible studies as opportunities arise.
- An undergraduate degree (major or minor in a ministry related field). Ministerial experience in lieu of degree or degree in process may be considered.
- Two years relevant experience.
- A proven track record of working well with others.
- Effective speaking and writing skills
- Microsoft Office proficient; specifically Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Has a heart for mentoring and developing others.
- Prefer someone who is married.
- Experience with social networking, i.e., Facebook, Twitter, websites, etc.
- Mission and outreach experience is a plus.
- Sociable and willingness to visit members, the sick, shut-ins, and the unchurched.
- Willingness to discuss issues and perspectives that could be characterized as matters of opinion.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Ben Alexander via email email@example.com.
For a full position profile, please email Greg Anderson firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have suggestions for improving our website? We would love to hear from you!