Sunday morning, August 28, 2017, our elder, Eric Ramso, presented a vision for 2017 that is based upon Connecting with God and with one another in hopes to become a church that Grows and Shares. To do this will require expanding our leadership and making changes that will help us grow in our love for God and each other. As we are faithful in pursuing these two objectives we will choose to trust God to lead us into His vision for us.
Unfortunately, we were unable to record Sunday’s presentation. In summary, the following initiatives will begin immediately:
- Expand Leadership: Joe Matthews is nominated to the congregation as elder. Ben Alexander is nominated to the congregation as deacon. Their nomination will be for two weeks to allow for any Scriptural objections. At the conclusion of this approval period they will be installed on Sunday, September 11, 2016 during the worship service.
- Leadership Commitment: On September 11, all elders and deacons will be committing to one year’s term of service. In September 2017 they will consider whether or not to ask for the congregation’s reaffirmation for another year’s service.
- Time Change: On September 11, 2016, our Worship Hour will change from 10:45 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Our Sunday school classes will change from 9:45 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
- Monthly Fellowship Meals: We will gather together for a pot luck meal every 4th Sunday afternoon.
- Quarterly Combined Worship With Members of the East Main Street Church of Christ: These will continue to be on the 5th Sundays.
More initiatives will be coming as we begin to sharpen our focus upon connecting with God and one another. As we move forward we will strive to grow in our trust in God to lead us into the heart of His vision for the Church of Christ of St. Joseph.